Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Office

This is where I knit. 


When I work here, this corner is my office. When it's mealtime, it is the dining room. And when this area isn't being used, it is simply a table in the corner of our bedroom. 

It is my favourite room in our apartment.

When I think about growth, it isn't usually something as simple as getting up and opening the blinds. But within the last few weeks, I have come to appreciate the morning light coming through these windows. I have realized that this table has provided a space for me. It has given me the ability to continue to grow in the craft that I have been so blessed to be part of. 

Sitting down with a pair of needles and a ball of yarn is a wonderful feeling. But being able to sit down with my notebook, a cup of coffee, and my latest knitting project feels so empowering. *Knit a few rows, sip some coffee, write down my thoughts. Repeat from * .

  I can get used to this.


 Of course, this space isn't all about cups of coffee and luxury yarns. Like I said, this is my office. Where I work. Along with that stillness in the quiet morning comes a sense of responsibility. When I begin treating my art as my job, that is when my work has the best results. 


It's time for me to be bold. It's time to start taking my business -- my talent, my passion -- seriously. It's time I put some worth in the work that I have accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment